Dreamer’s World January 17 2016


The day started here with snow flurries in the air. Nothing was sticking to the ground, but that didn't stop the local idiots from making my planned trip to Harris Teeter for some groceries into a real adventure. Drivers in the DC area are notoriously bad drivers under the best of conditions, but when the "S" word is mentioned, or there is snow in the air, they lose their minds!
    One group of people want to show off their 4x4 SUVs and drive even faster than normal while another group will slow down to approximately 20 mph regardless of the speed limit. This creates the hazardous driving that this area just doesn't need. Luckily, Harris Teeter is less than a mile away and I made it there without incident, although I witnessed several close calls.
    Of course, the crowd at Harris Teeter would convince you that the end of the world was upon us. There I was, just picking up a few items and I was stuck there for almost an hour due to the long lines for checkout. The trip home was even worse because I was behind one of the 25 mph lunatics which was causing a real traffic jam and making the other lunatics too impatient.
    After I got home, I put the groceries away and checked on The Stooges. Spartacus was taking it easy on top of one of the chairs in the living room

     Stevie Nicks was looking elegant on top of the other living room chair


     Meanwhile, Hal (cat) was doing his thing in the chair along with Spartacus.

     I got some walking in around the building after lunch, and now I am waiting for Hal (person) to get home from work. The sun finally came out, and the snow flurries have stopped. Since tomorrow is a holiday, I will find out if there are any potential plans for this evening after Hal gets here.


     Now that Hal (person) is finally home, we are all set for the evening here. We both have tomorrow off, so we will spend the time together. It is nice to not have to think about going to work in the morning for a change on a Monday, but I think I can adjust to it :)

Comments

Popular Posts