Dreamer’s World January 4 2016 - Back To Work And The Normal Routine

The first week of 2016 is here and I am back at work this morning. Part of me wishes that I was on vacation because I know that at some point today the floodgates will break loose, and all of the Type A personalities will lose their minds because they took time off for the holidays. I am steeling myself against that eventuality as I begin my own day here.
I am feeling great this morning, although I did not sleep as well as I would have hoped for. Perhaps this is due to the exercise I got yesterday on the mountain bike plus all the walking that I did, I plan to continue to exercise as much as possible from now on although the mountain bike will probably remain a weekend-only event until the daylight lasts longer in the evening after work.
So far, the morning has been quiet. The avalanche that I fear will probably begin soon when people show up to work on the West Coast around 1200 my time/0900 Pacific time. I will plan my lunch and measure my BG in the next 30 minutes or so as I prepare myself for the daily meeting and for the afternoon meetings that will follow. The meeting was uneventful and I am waiting to see if any last-minute meetings pop up on my calendar this afternoon. I am hoping that there won’t be any.
On a personal note, I have done some walking throughout the morning as I take breaks from work and I am almost at 4,000 steps towards my 12,000 goal for the day. I should have no trouble getting there since I will have more time after work. A bike ride is out of the question, it is just too cold today and it will be dark by the time I finish work anyway.
I just walked through the apartment to check on things and found Hal (cat) in this wonderful position

Hal (cat) was on top of a table that is filled with plants. I almost didn’t see him, but when I did, I just knew that this picture had to be taken. Sadly, right after I finished he saw the reflection from my iPhone screen on the opposite wall so he jumped down and tried to catch the moving light. Hopefully he will go back to this little spot later.
I just spoke to Hal (person) about plans for the evening and we seem to be all set to stay here. I won’t rule out ordering dinner for delivery, but there is not a real reason that we need to go out tonight. Chinese food sounds good, so I’ll check Eat24 later today.
The afternoon has been remarkably quiet, and I am grateful for that. It is nearly time for my 1-1 meeting with my team lead, but that always goes well. After that I will wrap things up and start preparing for tomorrow at work. At least I don’t have to get out in the cold to drive home after I am finished at work. Working from home does have its advantages. Staying home this evening will be no big sacrifice for me. I hope to get a great night of sleep as well.
I did sign up for the Blogging 101 course offered through WordPress and I completed my assignment. I hope to get some feedback on my writing. This is not the post that I submitted, but I did invite the other participants to view my blog if they are interested in doing so.
I am finished with work for the day. I just took another walk and am at 10,000 steps towards my goal of 12,000 for the day. One more good session later on should get me past the goal.

Comments

Popular Posts