Dreamer’s World January 31 2016 - A New Day

Sometimes a break in the routine is good. I have been walking regularly since December and yesterday I took a day off. I have already resumed walking for today and am feeling great so far. After roughly 3 miles I am halfway to my new goal for today and I will maintain this for at least a week before attempting to increase the distance again.
     I am doing this in order to lose some weight, but I know that it won’t happen overnight. Persistence is the key. Once the weather warms up and the days get longer as Spring approaches, I will be taking rides on the mountain bike once again as well as my daily walking.
     Establishing a routine is fine, it gives a sense of purpose. We cannot let it dictate our lives at the expense of everything else, and that is the key to being happy, at least for me. I always strive for balance in my life. I have goals that I set for myself, but they are long-term goals that I will not waver from. Other goals are useful at times, but I cannot give them as much emphasis as I would to the long-term goals. I suppose that the shorter goals function as measuring sticks towards the larger goals to a degree.
     Harmony at home is the one goal that I will never sacrifice. I am so fortunate to be where I am at this point in my life and I don’t ever want to do anything to mess that up. I only wish that Hal (person) and I were on more compatible schedules. I work M-F while he works Sat and Sun. That is because he makes more money working on the weekends, so unfortunately it makes us having lots of time together a rare thing. I cherish those times and make the most of them.

     As far as the blog itself goes, I am happy with the changes that I made this weekend. I am keeping the theme for now, that might be the next thing to change, but it will give me something to think about later.

Comments

Popular Posts