Dreamer’s World January 25 2016 - Starting Up Again

And so, another week begins here. After the snowstorm, things are still in flux around here. The government is still shut down, but that is due to all the people who live miles away from the area and commute far too long on any given day. I know that there are areas that got a lot more snow than we did here, and they are still digging out especially in the subdivisions. It was the right decision to keep hundreds of thousands of people off the roads in those areas today, but that has no affect on me. Being a contractor means that I have to work regardless of the weather but since I work from home this isn’t a problem at all.
I feel reinvigorated about writing today. Perhaps it is the start of the week that makes me feel this way, but I am not complaining. I am looking forward to topics and inspiration surrounding me right now.
I took some time to play with The Stooges this morning during a break from the job. Hal (cat) found one of his catnip toys that he must have put away somewhere, so I had him chasing it until he was ready to lay down. I gave him the toy to snuggle up with and he is happy now.
I am getting my walks in during breaks in the routine here. I’ll have lunch in a little while and check on The Stooges again as well as Hal (person). He is watching TV so I have the door closed in order to keep the droning monotony away from me in favor of some music as I work. The daily meetings are slowly passing and the sun is shining. There are still people in the parking lot who decided that today was the day to clear the snow from around their cars. Most of them must have the day off from work, or they are teleworking like I am. It helps that my car is in the underground garage and doesn’t have to be cleaned off :)
I think that after work today, I am telling Hal (person) that we are going across the street for dinner this evening at Shooter McGees for 1/2 price burger night. It will get us out of the apartment without having to put either of our cars on the road, so that is a great option for later today. Eventually, we will venture out to the grocery store again but that isn’t something that we need to do right away.
As the workday begins to draw towards a close, I am doing some research on how to improve my blog template. I have some ideas and have researched how to implement them by finding some reference material and videos. This will be a task that I will work on as the week progresses.
Work is over with for today, Hal (person) is showering before we walk across the street for dinner. It will be good to get out of the apartment even for a short while.

Comments

Popular Posts