Dreamer’s World January 26 2015


There are days when writing seems to be a breeze. then there are days like this one. It seems like nothing is firing my imagination this day. I hope that something pops into my mind soon.

The federal government is closed again today. This means that my day will be on the quiet side once again.

One possibility for writing is my desire to improve the blog. I am looking through some ideas and might try them out by this weekend. I would love to create the menu at the top of the blog where I can list tags and have the appropriate posts appear under each page. I have been reading and watching some videos about that. It may require a change to the theme that I use, but themes are rather temporary when you think about them anyway. I will see about making those changes when I am comfortable with what I am doing.
At least the weather is warmer again today as the snow continues to slowly melt. When we walked across the street for dinner last night, it was an adventure because most of the sidewalks were not really cleaned off and we had to walk in the street in order to avoid the ankle-deep slush. Supposedly, residences and businesses should be FINED for failure to clear the sidewalks after 24 hours. I hope that this is being enforced today, but I don’t have my hopes up.
At least I have my music to keep my spirits up as I make my way through the workday here at home. The meetings are spaced throughout the afternoon, and I am making sure to get my steps in as often as I can in the meantime. I am over halfway there now and I still have approximately 3 hours left in the workday.
Hal (person) ventured out to the store earlier today and he informed me that the roads are passable, but not all of the lanes are cleared, especially turn lanes. This makes things rather difficult and I am surprised that the main roads have not been treated better by now. I know that the crews have had to go onto the side streets due to complaints but I cannot see the area ready to get back to normal by tomorrow morning if right now is any indication.
Right now, I would say that I am not going to the client’s location tomorrow morning. I can dial in IF they have their normal Wednesday morning meeting. Our trip last night just across the street revealed that the bus stops and sidewalks are still in terrible shape around here. I will work early as normal on Wednesday, but I will not travel.
I just stepped outside for a smoke and it is 52 degrees! The snow will melt gradually, but temperatures like this will certainly help although there is a good chance that things will freeze again overnight.
I am beginning my last meeting of the day here and looking forward to the evening. Plans to go to the store are off because there are too many people out on the roads right now pretending that all is well with the world and that there are no lanes still covered in wet. slushy snow. From the window I have seen several near misses due to this. Whatever we need will wait until tomorrow when I am off work early anyway.
I am going to sign off early tonight and get some rest. I hope that everyone has had a great day and will have an even better tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts