Dreamer's World April 1 2017 - Waiting On The Move

IMG_20170401_095048.jpg
The day of the move continues to get closer. Yesterday was the 3-week mark until we get the keys to the new apartment and Monday will be the 3-week mark until the move itself. I think it is fair to say that both Hal (person) and I are really looking forward to getting this over and done with at last.
The mountains of boxes continue to multiply here in the old apartment. This is rather annoying to me, but I knew it was coming because we have moved before. It does make getting some things done rather more difficult than it should be, but it is part of the moving process and I have to accept it since Hal does not believe in waiting around on things like this. I compare it almost to a camping trip, it seems that whenever I need something I might as well be in the woods without it since it has already been boxed up and isn’t worth the trouble of recovering.
Of course, the boxes themselves seem to have taken on a life of their own as they breed like rabbits. We are more cramped here now than ever before, and it will only get worse until we are finally out of here. Personally, I plan to spend the weekend after getting the keys to the apartment shuttling back and forth with items that I want to have available as soon as we reach the new place. This means that the clothes in my closet will be moved prior to the 24th as well as most of my computer stuff. The desk will be handled by the movers but since I will be taking the week of the move off, there is no rush to have things ready to go to work until after the 1st of May. The toiletries will also be moved over the weekend as well as most of the refrigerator and freezer items that we plan to take with us. I know that there will be a purge of items from the kitchen cabinets and I am fine with that, I am sure that there are items in there that have already passed their expiration dates.
I am really missing guitar practice, but between the fact that the guitars are hidden behind a wall of boxes and the lack of a comfortable space to practice in means that I will just have to wait until we get to the new place. The guitars and amps will also definitely be moved over the weekend so I know that they are handled properly.
The Stooges will move with us on Monday in one of the cars. We don’t want them too upset but they will be spending time in their cages of course. It is something that has to be done and the fact that it takes approximately an hour to get from here to the new place will make for an interesting trip for us all.
There is still plenty left to do before the 21st, but we will have it finished in time. I know that the worst part will be coming back here for the final deep clean of this apartment prior to returning the keys. This is never a fun part of any move, but once again we have gone through this before and know the routine.
After Hal (person) came home from work we decided to go out to the new neighborhood and scout things out. I am glad to report that the area was very quiet, even on a beautiful Spring early evening with the sun shining. It will be a huge difference from the constant noise that we have to deal with around this apartment and we are both happy about the upcoming quiet neighborhood.

As for the rest of the evening, it has been very relaxing. I am looking forward to tomorrow after what I hope will be a great night of sleep. Until tomorrow, I hope that everyone has a great rest of the day!

Comments

Popular Posts