Dreamer's World April 8 2017 - Daily Prompt "Heal"

IMG_20170408_081624.jpg
The Daily Prompt is “Heal”. My parents taught me that “heal” is a part of the word “health”. They said that “health” was short for “heal the hurt”.
They say that time heals all wounds and it is true. When I saw this prompt I was hesitant at first. Like everyone else, especially those of my age, I have had my share of heartache and pain. There have been losses of loved ones and close friends, there have been relationships that collapsed due to one reason or another. There have been disappointments with career and life in general that made me wonder inwardly if there was a point to all of this suffering.
During those times, both close friends and complete strangers would tell me that the pain would eventually go away and that I would recover. Of course, I knew that they were right, but those words never helped at the time. The hurt and the anger and the despair seemed to go on forever. It was like I was drowning and there was no way to escape my fate.
Time does heal all wounds, but it cannot be rushed. Some hurts are more intense than others and will always be with us on a subconscious level. The key is learning to go on living and deal with them as they occur. If we are successful we find that those recurrences gradually subside.
The most important thing about the word “heal” is that we have to realize that there has to be pain and suffering and hurt and disappointment at first, because without them the word “heal” is meaningless. Since troubles are a part of life, learning to deal with them and to “heal” from them is something that we all have to learn on an individual basis. There is no magic formula that will allow us to pass through the hurt without it tearing a part of us apart. It is when we pick up the pieces and get moving again that we grow and we become a more complete person.
Remember to “heal the hurt”.

Comments

Popular Posts