Dreamer’s World November 16 2015 - A Good Day With Hal


Today was a day off work for me. I had a dental appointment to get a permanent crown put in, and I had decided some time ago to just take the entire day off. I am very glad that I did because it enabled me to have the afternoon free to spend with Hal and to get out of the apartment.
I still go to my old dentist in Upper Marlboro, MD even though we moved to Alexandria 5 years ago. When you find a good dentist, you stick with them. I have never had any complaints about Dr. Sowell, and I will continue to go to her as long as my insurance is accepted. The trip was a nice diversion from things because the day was sunny and warm especially for November.
The procedure was quick and painless. The only thing that didn’t go according to plan was that the other dentist was out of the office so my dentist was having to shift quickly between myself and patients of the other dentist who had not been able to reschedule. Even with all that, I was still done within 2 hours. I enjoyed the trip back home and got here just after 1200.
Hal and I decided that we were going to spend the afternoon together. Since it was 70 degrees outside, we spent the entire afternoon out. We enjoyed a nice lunch at La Madeleine and then Hal looked around at all sorts of things that he was interested in. We didn’t make it to the Apple Store or Best Buy, which is probably just as well because I didn’t need the temptation.
Our final stop was at the grocery store. We got home just before sunset and I had a nice spaghetti dinner and sat down to recap the day. There is more to talk about, but it will be in another non-specific-day post. I hope that everyone has had a great day.

Comments

Popular Posts