Dreamer’s World November 18 2015


I was going to write some grand manifesto about the state of the world today, but I thought better of it and decided to start over anew. There is one thing to be considered when publishing a blog for all the world to see, and that is whatever you write will always be out there for others to see. Whether the concern is for something about myself, or in this case, about someone else. I took a look at what I had written and decided to scrap what I had and start over.
As I sit outside and enjoy what must surely be one of the last warm evenings we will have for several months, I am introspective and not in the mood to air any dirty laundry in public. Now is the time to relax and think about the good things. There are more than enough bad things going on in the world today and my petty issues pale into insignificance alongside them. I don't need the hassle that writing about certain things would bring down on me right now.
Writing is one of the most important things in my life, but I realize that it can be used in both positive and negative ways. Sometimes it is tremendously important to know that before publishing. Instead of lashing out I choose to look inwards this evening. This is not the time to seek conflict, regardless how right I consider my cause to be. Honestly, I just don’t think I have the energy right now to finish something that I would be responsible for starting. Rather than sit and mope, I have let out all that I want to about the situation, and now it is time to move on to other things.
I am glad that tomorrow will be Thursday and one day closer to the end of the week. I really want some time to just unwind and get away from work for a while. The pressure is on for everyone else to get their own personal projects wrapped up so they can go on vacation for part of, if not all of, next week. I will be working each day other than Thursday of next week. That includes Black Friday, which to me is a huge waste of time and money for far too many people. I am much less driven by material possessions than I have been in the past, and I find that this approach suits me better. I don’t miss chasing the newest fad or fashion these days. I really cannot see myself putting up with thousands of obnoxious people who want to fight over a piece of shit in a store.
I will be here with The Stooges on Thanksgiving. Hal is going out of town to visit relatives, and Maxwell needs someone here since he has been under the weather recently. It will be a change from the normal routine of going to Glen Burnie to visit friends, but I am sure that we will see them at Xmas. I think that the break will do me good, it will give me time to reflect on things here without interruption.

Comments

Popular Posts