Dreamer's World Narch 14 2017 - Lots of Sleet And Freezing Rain, But I Got My Guitar Last Night

IMG_20170314_071651.jpg
This is a day when I am grateful to work from home. The Winter Storm did not dump a massive amount of snow on us so far, but we have gotten something worse. We have had freezing rain and sleet falling here all night that has been mixed with snow and this will make things even more dangerous as the day goes along.
IMG_20170314_071730.jpg
Almost everything is closed. Schools, business and even the Federal Government is on a 3-hour delay this morning although I suspect that most people will take leave rather than attempt to drive in this mess. With these conditions expected to continue through the afternoon, I am expecting some major power outages around here.
Last night when I went to bed I could hear the freezing rain and sleet hitting the window and I knew that today was going to be awful. The power has already gone out at least once overnight because the microwave clock was blinking at me this morning when I entered the kitchen. The first thing that I did after waking up was to turn the heat up so we won’t freeze if the power does go out. Thankfully, the local power company is very good about getting power back on quickly when things like this do happen. It is hard to tell exactly how much snow we did receive last night, the main factor is the freezing rain and sleet.

On the bright side, after I took Hal to work yesterday evening, I did stop at the FedEx office and picked up the new Jackson JS32L Dinky guitar. The pics are from when I got it home and I had not attached the whammy bar.
IMG_20170313_192528.jpg

Of course, Stevie Nicks thought that the new guitar was just for her.
IMG_20170313_201445.jpg
I didn’t get the chance to practice on the new guitar, hopefully I can do so after work today. I am glad that it arrived yesterday and is not stuck in delivery with this nasty weather. Knowing me, I would have foolishly ventured out to pick the guitar up if it had arrived today. The only thing lacking is a decent case/bag for the guitar since it is a left-handed model and some cases and bags just done allow the guitar to fit comfortably in them. I will probably visit Guitar Center over the next few days and check out what they have in stock. I have already Googled a few cases and think that I have a good idea what I am looking for.
I spent some time today emailing my Sweetwater Music tech about a good case for the guitar. It is so nice to have a person that represents me whenever I have a question rather than being shifted from one person to another. This is the reason I will continue to go through Sweetwater Music for all my future needs.
The bad thing about working on a day like this is the constant and unending stream of meetings that go on because the people running them are on the West Coast and not affected by any of the winter weather. At least I don’t have to be out in the weather trying to get back and forth to an office and then get drawn into all these afternoon meetings. I honestly believe that there are far too many people who are in “process-worship” mode when it comes to these meetings. There are far too many of them, in my opinion.
I am still tired today. I will do my best to get to bed early this evening, but first I want to practice on the new guitar for about an hour or so if I am not completely exhausted by then. I have already decided that I am going to skip my travel tomorrow to meet with the client. Since this is a weekly affair there is no problem with me letting them know that I won’t be there occasionally. I am going to enjoy the evening regardless of the weather.
A brief burst of snow was followed by an outbreak of sunshine this afternoon. I do hope that the temperature will warm up enough to melt some of this stuff before nightfall and the resulting temperature drop back below freezing. A brief discussion with Hal (person) has indicated that we have no plans to go out regardless if the weather warms up or not this afternoon after work. This is OK with me although there are a few things that I would like to do, but there is nothing that cannot wait until another day.



Comments

Popular Posts