Dreamer's World March 07 2017 - Re-Evaluating Relationships

I have to take some time to reorganize my life. It seems like things are on the verge of spiraling out of control. This is just my evaluation of the situation on a Tuesday of course, things are not that bad but I am facing up to the fact that I am letting other people have too much influence in my life right now.
I have a busy existence without extra drama and I need to sit for an hour or so and filter the shit out of my life. As always, when this happens, someone will feel hurt or neglected, I cannot change how some of them will feel, but I can reflect on how much we interact when they are not in crisis mode. This will show me how they actually view me, If I am only there for them when they need support, and not when things are going well then I know that they are about to be ejected from my list of concerns.
I cherish my friends, but I also know that people change as time goes by. I change as well, and there is never a guarantee that all the change is for the better. This is a fact of life that we all must deal with. We all have our pet peeves when it comes to friends. One that really pisses me off is not staying in touch when things are going normally, or even going great. Sharing joy is just as much a part of friendship and being there when someone needs support. The difference is that when I am only alerted when there is that need for support I will respond instantly and without hesitation until I take the time myself to see if that is the only time I am contacted. I could make mad $$$$ if I charged these people for my advice and personal therapy. That is not what friendship is about.

Another indication that they are about to be ejected from my life is the lack of response when I try to contact them. I do not demand to be the highest priority in anyone else’s life, but when I constantly leave voice mails and texts, it does show me their feelings about me. I don’t get upset over this, I just stop trying to contact them and move on with my life. When these same people then contact me when they need support, it is time to let them go. Hal (person) and I have a great life together and we don’t need outside forces trying to get into our affairs.

Comments

Popular Posts