Dreamer's World March 25 2015 - Getting Older

No one likes to be reminded about how old they are, at least those of us who have seen the age of 21 vanish somewhere way back in the rearview mirror. We all do age, and with it comes the occasional, and sometimes persistent aches and pains as our bodies tell us that they are also getting tired of the same old routines.
I have suffered from back spasms for many years due to some earlier injuries. I have learned to deal with them, but now my hip has been getting sore. I strongly suspect the sciatic nerve is to blame for this. For about a week now, I have had the dull, toothache like sensation in my left hip. I have been, and will continue to, do some extra stretches in an attempt to work things out. I will see how that works out or me. In the meantime, I am rather disappointed in my body slowly beginning to let me down in these little ways. The fact that I turned 51 earlier this year is simply a coincidence, or so I keep telling myself.
The fact is that as we get older, these little things start to happen to us all. I remains extremely fortunate that my knees have remained in very good shape, especially considering some of the injuries i have had to them through the years. I will continue to monitor the hip and if something drastic has to be done eventually, I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Comments

Popular Posts