Dreamer's World July 03 2015 - Vacation Day

It seems so weird to have a Friday off without taking leave for it. I'm not complaining though, since it does give Hal and I a day together that we seldom have. Perhaps we'll get out if the weather is nice and will stay that way for the day. If it is supposed to rain then we'll probably stay at home together with the Stooges and relax.
Actually, Hal will also have Saturday off since the real holiday falls on a Saturday this year. We are supposed to be hosting friends at some point on Saturday, but I don't know all of the details yet. I imagine the plane probably involve watching a few movies before the friends head back into DC for the evening. I don't envy them if they drove because the traffic will be awful getting into and around DC on Saturday with all of the tourists in town.
As for today, I would like to get out if at all possible, but we will see. As I predicted, traffic is a nightmare around DC today along I-95 so that limits our options for going places today. Hal is making noise like he wants to stay at home, but I want to get out and do something, anything.
I finally went out around 1300 to go ny the ATM, get drinks at BJs and have lunch at Subway. I got home a little after 1500 and hope that both Hal and I will do something later, but that remains to be seen. It does look like we will get more rain later this afternoon or evening, just what we need, in my opinion.

Comments

Popular Posts