Dreamer's World January 30 2015 - Relief

     
    As I close out another week at the office, I realize just how fortunate I have been. For the first time in forever, my head is well above water financially and I want it to stay there. I survived a medical expense for one of the cats (Spartacus) that would have thrown me into a panic in the past, but it was manageable this time.
    I had always pointed to 2015 as the year when things would get better for me, and it is off to a good start. I already have my taxes done and can look forward to building my savings throughout the rest of the year. I can also finally get some cosmetic repair work done on the Beetle, which I had been putting off until things were better.
    I find it hard to believe that I have reached this point. For nearly 10 years, I have been working to achieve this degree of freedom. I still have things left to pay off, but I have proven to myself that I can get this done. The self-sacrifice has been tremendously difficult, but obviously worth it in the long run. I hope that I can maintain the same amount of discipline for the future.
    I think that I am off to a good start. I have thought about upgrading my cell phone, but have decided against it. I want to finish the installments on the phone I have to lower my monthly bill. Plus, there is no interest on the amount for the phone, whereas my credit card has a hefty interest rate. Any money that I have left over at the end of a pay cycle that I feel comfortable with spending is better served to go towards the credit card. I find that the temptation to get something new is very small when I look at the larger picture.

Comments

Popular Posts