Dreamer's World February 13 2015 - Not Superstitious Here

     I know far too many people who dread today. It is Friday the 13th, and for some that means nothing but bad luck. Personally, I don't believe in that nonsense, and I treat today like any other day, well, like any other FRIDAY :)
    I am not a superstitious person. I find no reason to live in dread of a particular day that occurs throughout life as dictated on a calendar. Some badic research shows that the whole issue of Friday the 13th being unlucky is a rather recent phenomenon that began in the 19th century, and became widely popular in the 20th. Therefore, I see no reason to dread this day.
    The only bad thing about this Friday the 13th is that it is so cold outside today! I have thought about going to look at a new computer with Hal, that might not happen after work this evening since the weather is so damned cold. Tomorrow isn't supposed to be that much better, looks like we are stuck in this weather pattern for a few more days.
    Anyway, this afternoon is really dragging at the office. No surprise since I am taking a 4-day weekend and am probably just impatient to get it started.
    After work, I went shopping with Hal so he could get a new computer. This took us several hours, and we had dinner while we were out. Luckily, Hal finally found the computer that he wanted for a great price. We brought it gome and he is now sitting at his desk setting everything up.
    I did some looking at cell phones during the time we were out. I am very impressed with the LG G3. It is probably the likely winner as my new phone in a few months, if not sooner. I will corss that bridge when I get to it. There is no rush for things like that right now.
    Anyway, it is nearly 2200 and I wanted to make sure that I got this post completed for the day. It has been a great day, Friday the 13th, or not.

Comments

Popular Posts