Dreamer's World February 4 2015 - Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes You need to make a major change in your life. Do you make it all at once, cold turkey style, or incrementally?

      There have been many major changes that I have made in my Life and the question about how to implement them is rather interesting. I suppose that it all depends on the time and place in one's life, as well as the nature of the decision that truly determines the best way forward.
    In general, I prefer to make the change all at once. This occurs after a lot of thought has gone into things because the entire point of making the change all at once is to make a clean break with the past. I find that gradual change means that reliance persists on the old way of doing things and that becomes a liability very quickly because the incentive to get things over with disappears.
    On the other hand, an issue like my climbing out of debt had to be approached differently. Since I did not win the lottery, I was unable to make the rapid change of eliminating my debt all at once. This change did involve some immediate alterations to my life, without a doubt, but those changes were aligned with the overall goal and that had to be done over a period of time. This particular effort has taken years, but i has been worth it in the long run.
    The point is that whatever the change, you should look at the pros and cons of the change itself, if you have that luxury, before making a decision either way. Personally, I prefer the immediate total change, but everyone is different.

Comments

Popular Posts