Dreamer's World February 16 2015 - The Approaching Storm

     I enjoy having this day off work. I am sitting in the Chiropractor's office waiting for my appointment. It is nice to be able to take care of this during the day rather than having to wait for the evening. This is especially true today, since we are supposed to have snow starting late this afternoon or early this evening.
     Of course, news of the impending snow has triggered the mandatory panic here in the DMV (DC MD VA) and I am sure that Hal and I will have plenty of company when we hit the store after I return from this appointment. Thankfully, I already had taken tomorrow off as a personal day, so I won't be fighting the weather in the morning to get to work.
     I always take these forecasts of approaching doom with a large grain of salt because the forecasters in thus area have a less than stellar track record when it comes to winter weather. If things don't turn out that bad in the morning I will take the Beetle in for its annual inspection to get that task out of the way. If the forecast is anywhere near accurate, I'll just take care of that job on Saturday morning instead.
     Time to see the chiropractor, so I'll continue this post later.

     I finished at the Chiropractor around noon. I drove back to pick up Hal and we went and ran errands until around 1430. We got home just as the snow arrived. As you can see from the picture, the snow has arrived and has been falling steadily for the last 2 hours. If the forecasts are correct, we could see up to 8" of snow by tomorrow morning. That remains to be seen. I am just glad that we won't have to go out anymore this afternoon or evening.
    I am glad that we have this place which is warm and safe for us and The Stooges. I feel terrible for those who have no shelter in weather like this. I find it unacceptable that our country cannot find the resources to provide basic shelter to everyone.
    I am finished with this daily post. I hope that everyone will be safe and warm.

Comments

Popular Posts