Dreamer's World February 27 2015 - Finishing the Week

   
Friday has arrived at last! This has been a busy week, with lots of things going on outside of work to go with the greater than expected amount of things actually happening at work. The most important point is that the weekend is nearly here and I cannot wait! It seems that this week has dragged on forever. My goals for the next week is to save some money in order to pay off the Beetle repair expense as quickly as possible.
After work yesterday, Hal and I went to Safeway so I could stock up on frozen entrees and I brought in enough of them this morning to keep me from going out for lunch every day here at the office. My low-end estimate is that I will save at least $30 a week by this simple step. Since I am the only person who ever shows up here, it is better that I can have my lunch on-time rather than constantly have to readjust my schedule for work issues involving other people. Another way that I will save some money is to basically stay home this weekend. The weather has everyone depressed right now, so this isn’t a big sacrifice. I am not in any real trouble financially, but I can always do better. If things go according to plan, I should be able to get the complete repair expense taken care of in about 6 months and bring that credit card balance back to zero. Everything else is subservient to the desire to get the Beetle expenses paid for right now. After a month, I will have a much better idea of how long this will take.
This evening I will marinate the pork chops I bought last night in order to cook them tomorrow. There is still some chicken from earlier this week for dinner this evening. One of the things that I love to do is to cook. In fact, I looked at, and seriously considering buying, a wok in order to make some stir-fry veggies and meats for a change in our diets. I held off for the time being, but that idea is still in the back of my mind. It will remain there for the time being. I believe that I eventually will purchase a wok for the kitchen, it is just a matter of time.
It seems like a good time to relax for a change and not worry about things that I cannot control. As the weather warms up, at some distant future point, I can then turn my attention to other things and get out more. The last few weeks have really been brutal with the cold weather around here. I am really ready for Spring to arrive, but it is still just over 3 weeks away.
Another thing that I am looking forward to is making the decision about upgrading my cell phone. Currently, I have the LG G Flex from T-Mobile and I have been very happy with it but there is always something new to catch my eye. The interesting thing is that this is the first phone that i have had that I think I would actually miss when I upgrade. Perhaps this is some type of message that I should pay close attention to but I would not rush out and upgrade to a new phone without lots of research going into the decision first.
I use my phone for surfing and blogging more than anything else, so my choice will be very important to me. Right now, the choices are the Google Nexus 6 and the LG G3. Each has its advantages and disadvantages, and this is where I am putting my research effort right now. HTC is supposed to come out with a new phone very soon, so that might become another option to consider. I personally have never been a Samsung fan but I know that could change at some point in the future.
I am finished writing for now, it is time to get back to work after this short break. I will continue later this afternoon or this evening.
I just finished lunch 
and am nearly through with the day here. Just one more conference call to endure and then things slow down for the rest of Friday afternoon. I might stop at Harris Teeter on the way home to pick up a prescription at the pharmacy. If I do that, I will probably wander into T-Mobile since they are located in the same shopping center as Harris Teeter. Drooling over the phones I mentioned earlier doesn’t cost me anything and I can ask some questions and pick up some information while I am there. It will not cause me to get home that much later than normal, and with no plans for the evening other than writing, I might as well do it.
As I am sitting through the last meeting of the week, I found out that Leonard Nimoy has died. I grew up as a Star Trek fan, although it came from repeats because I was too young to remember the original series as it was broadcast back in the 60s. Leonard Nimoy played the role so well that he never escaped the shadow. He came to terms with this and remained popular throughout the rest of his very productive life.
I made it home and have kept my word about not going out to spend any money that I don’t need to. I am going to relax for the rest of the evening and enjoy my day tomorrow. Live Long and Prosper, my friends.

Comments

Popular Posts