Dreamer's World February 6 2015 - Those We Miss

      As this week draws to a close, I am reminded of a birthday that isn't celebrated anymore. My Mom was born on this day in 1925, so today she would have been 90 years old. She passed away just before her birthday in 2001. If we are lucky enough to have a good relationship with our parents, it is never easy to lose one. Mom was the last to go, my Dad had passed years earlier.
    I was able to get to Mom and be there with her when she passed away. She had always been there for me, and I would have felt tremendous guilt had I failed to get to her in time.
     I still miss her at times, but the pain of loss fades through the years. On her birthday, I remember the good times and the sense of loss returns, although it is somewhat muted. She always told me that m life is a gift that we can't waste. This is the most important lesson she taught me and I remember her on this day and renew my promise to her to be the best person I can be and to love each say to the fullest. 

Comments

Popular Posts