Dreamer's World February 13 2017 - Daily Prompt "Seriousness"

The Daily Prompt is “Seriousness”. I am instantly reminded of the possible catastrophe in Oroville, CA when I see this prompt because of the “seriousness” of the threat that is posed to life for so many people. A situation like this is nothing to joke about, but the wanna-be comedians and tragic political pundits are out in full force to make jokes or score political points on this situation.
Too often we neglect to take things seriously. To the people affected in California, this is no laughing matter. I can only imagine the upset and the fear that an event like this can cause. I cannot imagine being told that I have to leave my home due to an imminent threat due to the “seriousness” of the situation.

I hope that the dam and spillway can be repaired and tragedy averted, but it is too early to tell if that will be the case. While there are those who seek to gain their 15 seconds of internet fame as a result of this, it is heartening to see how many people have responded with kindness and support to those affected. I would like to think that I would be one of those people who offer support to those in need if a tragedy occurs in this area.

Comments

Popular Posts