Dreamer's World February 6 2017 - A Day That I Always Pause To Remember

Every year on this date, I pause to remember my Mother on what would have been her 92nd birthday this year. Mom died in 2001 and she still is with me whenever I reach out for her. She had an amazing spirit and was a remarkable woman. I wish that she was still here, but I know that she is at rest. The last year of her life was very hard physically, it wore her out. When I put things into perspective, I cannot wish that she was still here, but I have not forgotten her and I hope that I never will.
Mom was born in 1925 and was orphaned at an early age. Thankfully she was adopted by a loving family that raised and cared for her until she reached adulthood. She married my Dad and thought the world of him. I was even born on Dad’s birthday since Mom wanted to give him something special.
Mom was a loving person regardless of who you were. As a room mother in elementary school she was the first to hug each and every one of the children, black or white, they all got the same full-body hug from her. I have heard people I went to elementary school tell me how much they remember her, so it is obvious that she left a mark on so many people.
Happy Birthday, Mom. I will always remember you.

Comments

Popular Posts