Dreamer's World January 17 2017 - A Short Week Begins

I am starting this week at work after the MLK holiday. It will be a short one since I am off Thursday afternoon for my chiropractor appointment and then I will attempt to celebrate my birthday on Friday. Friday will be a tough day since it is also the day when the NAZI takes office. I will never dignify him with the title of the office because he is not a legitimate leader.
As for this week, I start with today and I am thankful that there are not a to of meetings. After work, Hal and I might go to the store to stock up on a few items we will need as the week goes on. There is also the UK basketball game tonight vs Mississippi State that begins at 7pm and I will be watching that.
Tomorrow will be my weekly trip to meet with the client. I don’t expect any earth-shattering news from that meeting, and .I will also update my client laptop with the latest software while I am there. Wednesday will also be the day when I prepare things for my weekly meeting on Thursday morning in order to have everything ready ahead of time.
Thursday the only item on the work agenda will be the weekly meeting I just mentioned. Almost immediately after that, I will be leaving work and heading to the chiropractor and my week at work will be complete. Perhaps Hal and I will go out for dinner on Thursday, but we won’t be going anywhere close to DC in order to avoid all of the traffic and road closures.
Friday will be the day that I look forward to on a personal level, but I truly dread the day when I think about our nation. I have pledged to throw a brick through any TV that ruins my day by showing the NAZI rally in DC.
I haven’t asked Hal for anything for my birthday, I don’t need anything except to be together with him and The Stooges. They are the ones who make my life complete. I am hoping that Hal might make spaghetti for the occasion, but I won’t be asking him to. I am hoping that my mood will not ruin the day, I will try my best to not let that happen.
Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes. Hal just asked me what I wanted for my birthday, son I told him that I wanted spaghetti. I predict a wonderful meal on my birthday!
The question of anyone else attending came up when I talked to Hal. This is an old subject and we didn’t require much time to decide that there is no real need to have any other people involved. Many years ago we were heavily involved with a group of friends and we always celebrated each other’s birthdays. The problems began when people would start to notice that person A received a gift that was “better” than person B would receive from the same gifter. Hal (person) and I grew tired of this juvenile shit very quickly and we announced that we would no longer be involved with the birthdays. We have kept that promise and not surprisingly, most of those “friends” have vanished. I consider this a great thing for us and their loss.
A strange thing happened after I wrote that last paragraph. My cell phone rang, but I didn’t recognize the number. I used the Hiya app to look it up and it belonged to one of the people I had just written about, although not one of the main characters. Since there was no message left, I am not returning the call because I suspect that he was “selected” to attempt to call and try to get the old gang back into our business. A rather sad attempt if you ask me. I do not believe it was a genuine call because he left no message.
Now the afternoon arrives, but at least there aren’t tons of meetings to attend. In face, once I complete a call at 1330 I shouldn’t have any more phone conference calls for the rest of the day.

As for the late afternoon and evening, I know that we will go to the grocery store. I cannot think of anything else that we need to do today.

Comments

Popular Posts