Dreamer's World January 20 2017 - What Should Be A Happy Day

    My birthday should be a happy day for me. My birthday has instead become a day on which my heart feels like it has been destroyed. This nation I love so dearly has become a state run by a NAZI along with his NAZI followers. I can’t put it into any simpler terms than that.
Although I have completely boycotted the media, for whom I assign a large portion of the blame for the NAZIS, my sadness is still tangible. Nothing can remove the anguish that I felt, even though Hal has done his very best to make it a wonderful birthday for me. He made spaghetti and he didn’t splurge on a gift because I asked him not to. We have been together for over 17 years and each day is better than the last one.
Originally, I thought that I would be blind drunk on my birthday. In retrospect, I am glad that I didn’t behave that way. It wouldn’t have been fair to Hal, and given my mood about the world in general, I would have been inconsolably miserable.
Instead we went and looked at 2 apartments. While neither one will make the final cut list, it was good to know what is out there. We are looking for a place that will cut our costs and not cut into the things that we want. We have 3 places that are on what I will call the final list as of now, and our trip didn’t change that list at all.
We came home and had a wonderful spaghetti dinner and spent the evening at home since Hal had to work on Saturday morning. I went to bed early knowing that I wouldn’t have to deal with the after-effects of drinking on Saturday morning.

Comments

Popular Posts