Dreamer's World January 9 2017 - Starting Over With Music.

This is the second attempt at my daily blog post. The first one ran off the tracks at some point and I didn’t feel like going through the mangled wreckage to salvage anything from it. Sometimes writing is like this for me, grand ideas drown in a sea of minute fragments of nonsense. Sadly, it is usually far too late when I realize that this is happening until it is too late.
Normally, when these things happen I just concentrate on work projects and turn on some music in order to get my mind focused on things. Music actually helps me to concentrate rather than being a distraction. Setting my tunes on random play, or just using the random feature on Spotify always does the trick. One of the things that I find myself focusing on without even trying is listening to the guitar parts in songs since I am slowly learning to play the guitar myself.
My writing is incredibly important to me. It might not raise an eyebrow from anyone, but that isn’t why I write at all. I write to scratch some internal itch in my mind that I cannot soothe any other way. It is a wonderful experience when things come out well, and an awful one when I cannot get the words to make sense. I find that it helps me to write something when the urge strikes, even if it is just a little bit, so I can go back to it later in the day.
As for today, I am working and planning my trip to the grocery store immediately after work. It will be a quick trip for necessities, nothing more. I would love to cook this week, but that requires a few things to be picked up this afternoon. Some drinks, ingredients for a casserole, perhaps something for sandwiches as well. I just put some chicken breasts in marinade to defrost so they will be ready to cook tomorrow. With that done, there is still the matter of what to make for dinner this evening. Of course, there is always the possibility that we can grab something while we are out for this evening. There is a Subway located near the grocery store as an option.
One aspect of cooking is that I am getting tired of the small kitchen in our apartment. I will be very glad once we move because one of the criteria for a new place is a larger kitchen with more storage space and counter space. The kitchen we have now is simply too small to get anything done.
I am not really expecting to watch the CFB game tonight. I am tired of college football already and neither of the teams are on my list of favorites. I will be watching UK basketball tomorrow night, however, because that is always important to me.
For some reason, I sense that tomorrow will be a very busy day. I hope that I sleep well tonight to be ready for whatever comes my way.

Of course, I was tempted into watching the Clemson-Alabama game which ended after midnight. I am very happy that Clemson won!

Comments

Popular Posts